Friday, August 29, 2008

Wonder Who Finley's Rooting For?

I just had to post this. Finley was in his Play Yard playing this morning while I was feeding Kieran a bottle. The news broke in that John McCain has announced Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate. Well Finley LOVES to clap and there was tons of clapping during her speech. I just thought this would be a great shot to have in his scrapbook and for him to look back at years later if the McCain/Palin ticket is successful.

On a side note, looks like this is going to be a pretty cool year either way you cut it. If Sarah Palin becomes Vice President, she will be the first woman to serve in that capacity in the White House. She also has very small children, one Kieran's age. If Barack Obama wins the presidency, he'll be the first black man to hold that office. So either way, it's going to be groundbreaking.

It's going to be an interesting election, one that Finley and Kieran won't remember, that's why I think it's so important to record these moments through photos and now this blog.

On another side note, gotta love her name choices for her kiddos... Track (who is about to be deployed to Iraq), Bristol, Willow, Piper and Trig Paxson Van (the one that is Kieran's age). Yeah, I know some people might say who cares but I'm a mom and a baby name collector of sorts lol. I love when people really put thought into names and go out there with their choices. Piper and Willow are two names on my list. If either of my boys had been a girl, they would have been named Piper.

And last but not least, HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY to our friends Finn, Noah, Cohen and Sophia, we hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!

1 comments:

Wendy said...

I agree, a very historic election. I almost wish our kids were older. But won't it be wonderful that they grow up in a world where it is possible for everyone.