Monday, June 8, 2009

Do Mommies Get Sick Days?

So, here's my question for today: Who takes care of the caretaker when she's sick?



"Do you think I can trust this guy with my hot rod, Mommy?"
"I think the problem is under the hood, sir."


Both the boys are sick and, of course, they gave it to mommy. Before I had kids, I could just take a sick day and bundle up in a blanket and watch reruns of A Baby Story. Since I haven't taught the dogs how to change diapers, pour milk into sippy cups, stack blocks or tuck in babies, I don't think I'll be getting a sick day today (or anytime soon for that matter). I wish curing a cold was as easy as fixing a car.
 
So, how do caretakers "get lots of rest" as the doctor's suggest? I always wondered why I seldom hear of a doctor or nurse calling in sick. Do they take some super vitamin to prevent getting sick from those they take care of? Just think about it... doctors and nurses are CONSTANTLY around sick people. I guess it's true that your immunity to certain illnesses increases the more you are exposed.

Maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel then. Maybe being the caretaker is actually helping me gain immunity to all these toddler and baby bugs. I have to look on the bright side, right?

Now, I'm off to make some hot tea for me and snuggle a couple of sick babies. Hey, it's that or do a video review where I sound like Kermit's long lost sister.

Have a wonderful (and healthy) Monday, y'all!

0 comments: