Friday, August 28, 2009

What To Pack A 28 Month Old For "School" Lunch?

My 28 month old will be attending Mother's Day Out one day a week starting next week.

I just found out that I have to pack him a lunch and it has to be free of peanuts. They also want the items already in bite size pieces (except sandwiches that can just be cut in small squares). I need tips on what to pack for a child that is in love with chicken nuggets and bananas. See him in the photo at left? He is in banana heaven!

I have never had much success getting him to eat sandwiches (except PB&J). Any tips for what I can pack that will be healthy, fit these guidelines and be yummy to eat right out of a lunch box? Also, do I just get him a regular little school lunch box or is there something newer and cooler out there that I don't know about?

I am lost! I didn't think I'd be packing my kids lunches for a few more years. I would love some tips from experienced moms (and dads).

Thanks and have a happy Friday!

0 comments: