Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Toddler's Imagination and His Love For Trains

I know Finley loves trains. His Thomas the Tank never leaves his side (and if it does, I am summoned to immediately fetch it with pleas of, "Tuss, Tuss, Tuss!"). He sits in his chair, in his bed, on the floor, in his car seat and wherever else he is, running his trains over his limbs and head. He spends much time at his beloved train table (you might remember this post, this one that started his love for trains and this one of him admiring the trains). A huge smile pastes itself on his little face when he sees his Thomas book. When I go get him from nap or in the morning, he frantically searches for his Thomas and Percy before he'll leave his room. He and trains (also known as the aforementioned "Tuss" or "Choochoos") are BFFs.

So, I shouldn't have been surprised when Andrew found this in the living room yesterday evening...

It's a remote, it' s a book, it's a car, it's a binky.... these are my first thoughts when seeing these items strewn around on the floor. Leave it to a toddler's imagination to turn them into exactly what HE wants them to be.

"Nooooo, it's a TRAIN, Mom! Isn't it obvious?" Well, now it is!

And, I do have to take notice that Kieran's binky is bringing up the end of this train as the caboose. Maybe Finley is hauling it off to the dump?

Who knows, but you gotta love kids!

7 comments:

Simply Being Mommy said...

He's got quite the imagination!

Heather McDougle said...

That is so cute! I love kids imaginations!

Linda said...

My son and daughter (but he especially) LOVES trains and Thomas. I have to start selling that!

Last night he had 3 Thomas trains out and he smiled a huge smile and said "Thomas and his friends!", just like the song!

Shannon said...

Thank you y'all! Linda, that' sso sweet about your son.

Annie said...

How cute! Your little Finley has quite the imagination!!

Linda @ My Trendy Tykes said...

Awww! That's cute.

justicecw said...

So cute!