Friday, September 4, 2009

Vacation Here We Come, But First, Your Tips?

We are getting ready to go on vacation and I am looking forward to it, but I am afraid I am going to sleep the entire way there. Packing for two toddlers is exhausting. I am wondering how many important items I will forget. I usually either forget my own toothbrush or my own shampoo. I figure as long as I remember food, diapers and sippy cups for the boys, everything will fall into place.

Wait, I better not forget entertainment. See, I almost forgot something. Momnesia is real! :)


We are easy to please mom. No worries! ;)
My boys have never been in a car for this long at a time as toddlers. We will be breaking up the trip a bit. We will drive to our first destination and stay a couple of days (about five hours from here) then head on to our final destination in Destin, Florida (another five hours or so I believe). I will for sure pack the DVD players and their favorite DVDs, but I am looking for tips to entertain a 28 month old and a 16 month old in the car. Lately, they get upset each time I stop at a stoplight.

Just bring me a toy with wheels and I'll be good to go!

Due to this much needed vacation, I'll be scarce next week so I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day.

Now before I go, please help me out! For those that have traveled with little ones this small, what is your advice? How should I keep them entertained? Are there any tricks that will keep them happy for long periods of time? They love to explore so I don't blame them for not wanting to be strapped in that long. All in all, I just want to make the ride as fun as possible for them.

0 comments: